Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Because it Works

   Well, this man of mine is so right.  I am so overwhelmed by the amazing day I had today... And all I did was clean up, go to an appointment and organize...  My kids were actually all on a sleepover last night!! Yay!  So I had plenty of time to do exactly as I pleased without hearing a single "I'm Hungry!"

  I got up on time this morning... Not a second early either... I really am not one of those amazing morning people!  Seriously, I would love to be, and I have tried... But I am not that person.  I can do late nights no problem, I have worked nightshift and not had any issues... But mornings! UGH!! Shoot me please! But I digress.. My morning was great.  I accomplished so many things that have been on my to-do list for months!  Like seriously, I am blown away with everything I accomplished today!  And my hubby is pretty impressed too.



  I am so impressed daily how well this TTWD thing works.  I'm not even motivated by trying to avoid a spanking, it is more about how happy my hubby is when he hears how well my day went.  I love when he is proud of me, not that he wasn't proud of me before...  But I find that he is vocalizing it more now.  He is noticing details that he wouldn't have noticed before.  I feel so important to him.


 


I am loving seeing how he is taking charge.  Yesterday it was time to get out of the house and he sent one of the kids to tell me he was in the car and wanted to leave in 5 minutes.  I hustled and was ready to go in about 7 minutes.  He wasn't fussy about the extra 2 minutes because it was more of "about 5 minutes"... He just didn't want to be leaving late... again... Because what would have happened in the past is that he would have been in the car with the kids waiting.. and I would have just gotten finished when I did...  Because he would have felt bad rushing me, and I wouldn't have known that they had gone to the car...  So now that he feels like the has the authority to say "Hey, we are leaving in X number of minutes." we are getting along so much better.

   This is such a unique lifestyle choice, one that I never in my wildest dreams would have guessed I would be living just a few short years ago.  But I am so glad that I did... Most of the time... Usually bent over a bed having my behind warmed up by an evil, stingy spatula I am wondering about my better judgment... haha... But that is always short lived...

   I am excited about tomorrow and seeing how it goes with getting up on time and my check list of items to be done...  Although..  There is a small issue of forgetting the van unlocked today!!  I haven't done that in 7 months!! Not since my big spanking... I was getting something out of my car and it was pretty heavy.  I closed my front door with my car keys in my hand...  But then didn't give my car a second thought.. :(  So I am sure when hubby has a minute we will have an appointment over the bed... I don't anticipate it being that bad though...  Its once in 7 months, he is a reasonable man :)  haha, oh the joys of this lifestyle.

  Anyway, just a quick post today to say how much I am loving my man and our life decisions.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the email, Leigh! I loved reading your post tonight. It is all about taking those baby steps. Soon, when he says 5 minutes, you will be there in 4! This life takes practice just like anything you are learning. I am a big believer in checklists. That is the only way I keep my day organized and set priorities.

    So glad I came to visit!
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella ☺️ I have always been a fan of checklists as well... I got out of the habit of using them for a while... Glad to have them back... They are kind of comforting 😂 Thanks for checking out my blog💝

      Delete
  2. Hi Leigh! Just wanted to say hello! I just found your blog, and I really like it. My hubby and I have been doing DD for 2 years or so. It is so nice to find a new blog that I can relate to. I look forward to reading more from you. :)
    Take care!
    Kimbers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my little blog, it is so nice to be meeting people in the same boat as I am in ☺️ I look forward to more visits and chats ☺️

      Delete
  3. Hi Leigh,
    Congratulations on your new blog, I've really enjoyed your posts. They are genuine and honest. It's always so great to read about someone else finding ttwd and reaping the amazing benefits it brings. You are so right, it does work and very, very well. We can't imagine going back. Good luck tomorrow with your checklist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurel,
      Thank you so much for your kind comment ☺️ I have tried to be pretty candid here... I was surprised how difficult it would really be to put my true thoughts in blog form. I am really enjoying blogging so far, thank you for stopping by ☺️

      Delete
  4. Welcome to blogging, fellow night owl! I would be a morning person if mornings started around noon. I've been known to sleep through multiple alarms and have a love affair with snooze buttons. ;) Just found you thanks to Mere's post. Looking forward to seeing how you do with your checklist tomorrow...congrats on doing so well today.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat,
      Yes it would be wonderful if morning was noon! Sadly all of my kids are morning people😳 Why does that always seem to happen!! Thank you for stopping by and for your warm welcome ☺️

      Delete
  5. Hi Leigh, I just found your blog and wanted to say hello and welcome to blogland :)

    I look forward to reading here and getting to know more about you. I'm a total night owl too :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz,
      It is so nice to know I am not alone in my night owlness😂 Thank you for stopping by and for the welcome ☺️

      Delete
  6. Oh Leigh, I just did a post introducing you to everyone as didn't think many came to visit. Then popped over to find you've had heaps visit. Fantastic! Slip over the DOWNUNDER DREAMING to see the post.
    Hope everything goes well for your early rising and getting your check list done. It is nice when our husbands praise us in this life style.

    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy,
      Thank you so much for the welcome post 💕 That's so thoughtful☺️ I'll come by your blog and visit tonight ☺️

      Delete
  7. I am not a morning person at all either so I can definately relate. Glad to see your getting things accomplished and things are more peaceful in your neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ☺️ I am hoping to keep the peace😁 But as if Christmas isn't enough there are so many other factors this month... Lol.. I will be using all my effort to keep my stress down and my bottom out of the hot seat!😜

      Delete
  8. Welcome to blog land....a place full of friends! Looking forward to learning more a about your 'journey'. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ☺️ I am so overwhelmed by the warm welcome I have received 💝 Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Leigh hello and a very warm welcome to blogland. I shall look forward to popping back and reading more from you.

    I will add your blog to my next In with the New spot.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie,
      Thank you so much☺️ I look forward to getting to know everyone in the coming months 💕

      Delete