Friday, 16 December 2016

Communication

  I never realised how big communication was to me.  I am a talker, ask anyone that knows me even a little.  I enjoy conversation... I don't enjoy going to a movie, because I do not get my social needs met.  I cup of coffee with a good friend, now that is where I am at.




   Since starting TTWD I am overwhelmed by the number of deep and meaningful conversations that we have had.  It is amazing!  We talk about everything and anything, and I am not the one starting all the conversations.  It is like we are dating again and hubby is eager to learn all there is to know about me.  There are new things to explore, discussions to be had, old conversations getting re-hashed.  I have not been this intoxicated with my hubby in years.  I can't stop thinking about him.  It is seriously like dating him all over again.  What an amazing gift!  I have always been told that once this feeling is over that is it, it is gone forever.  Well I am here to tell you that 10+ years into marriage I have this feeling all over again and I couldn't be more thrilled.



  Conversations are leading to so many amazing things!  They lead to bedroom fun, they lead to date nights, they lead to serious issues we have been skirting for years... The possibilities are endless!!

  This past week my hubby had to go away for a night for work.  Because of the weather we have not seen much of each other at all and I decided to be spontaneous.  I was able to arrange a sitter for the kids overnight and told my hubby I could come with him!  He was thrilled, exhausted, but thrilled.  Now being that it was work, this was not a romantic get away... But it was still amazing to spend time with my hubby and just be together... Without any of our beautiful offspring... I love them, but time away on our own is always wonderful.

Seriously people! We were in bed by 9:00!

   On our way home we had to take a ferry home and we were both very tired... Him from working his butt off and me from getting up at 6... UGH! I don't understand you morning bloggers at all!! I wish I was like you, my body yells at me each time I pretend to be!!  But anyway, we were sitting in his work truck, talking... And of course my favourite topic came up... Spankings... He was just curious if I was liking them... Well whats not to like about a GG Spanking!?  Discipline, not so much, but I do like how I feel afterwards... It is kind of intoxicating really...  He got a look on his face... "What?" I ask... He just grinned and said something about how much he likes the submissive me.  AWE!! I love that man so much!

   I don't really know how our conversation turned from spanking and submission... but I guess it is a semi-natural transition... We started fooling around in his truck!! In a ferry!! In broad daylight!! Now we had checked to make sure nobody was in their vehicles... but that doesn't mean the odd person doesn't walk by!  Oh my, but it was fun!! A couple times I had to stop my... ummmm.... extra curricular activity below his belt... to pretend I was sleeping so a walker could go by and be none the wiser... Oh how I laughed and felt like I was getting away with something so bad!  Hahaha! I'm sorry, this is way more detail than I usually give... But it was so much fun and it felt just like being 20 again... Only better... Cause now I'm married to my best friend, we have kids, we are happy and we are just overwhelmed by it all...

We were still under the cover of the ferry, but you get the idea...
Not the usual "secluded" make out spot!!

  So I just thought I would write a quick post... It was kind of all over the place... But it does all kind of relate to communication... Cause that little ferry interlude would not have happened if he had been sleeping for the ferry crossing as he has so many times before... So communication truly is key to a good marriage!

16 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Ronnie. It makes good reading and I hope you enjoy your new lifestyle. Bottoms up. Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael,
      Nice of you to stop by ☺️

      Delete
  2. Leigh it is amazing how TTWD can bring you so close to your husband. My eldest daughter thinks we are like teenagers the way we carry on and we've been married for 37 years. Its like starting out all over again.

    Hate to burst your bubble about your ferry activity. If your ferry is anything like ours there's security cameras everywhere. So someone might have been having an eye full. Never mind as long as you both enjoyed it. I sure they've seen it all before.

    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Your comment made me laugh๐Ÿ˜‚ You are probably right, I'm sure there are many cameras... We did try to be pretty discrete... Most clothing was still mostly in place ๐Ÿ˜‚ So thankfully I'm not too embarrassed if anyone did see... But I read your comment and did gasp initially๐Ÿ˜‚ How did I not think of cameras๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  3. Even though a lot of our new talking is lectures and teaching I still love it. You're right it's like our husbands were eager to communicate with us, but we just weren't giving them the freedom to talk on their terms before ttwd.... and now all we do is talk. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's like we have given them a platform that works finally... Freedom to say what they really feel๐Ÿ’•

      Delete
  4. I agree wholeheartedly! It is the deep and close conversations that are so wondrous to me. And, yes, our grown boys are sometimes taken aback by how frisky Mom and Dad are. Ha!

    Glad you are so happy, Leigh. Lovely post.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do hope when my boys are grown they see a healthy and blossoming relationship ๐Ÿ’• Although my oldest already thinks we are old ๐Ÿ™ˆ He asked my hubby the other night... "Dad, in the olden days were dvd's on something called tapes!" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚olden days!! And I love that it was directed at my hubby! Cause he is 2 years younger than me... I chuckled the rest of the night... And I keep making comments along the same lines now... I can't help it๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  5. Hi Leigh, this post made me smile so much :) Glad you were able to have a night away together, allbeit a work trip. The trip home again sounded wonderful :) It did make me giggle. Nothing like a bit of spontaneity.

    The extra closeness and deeper communication are amazing. It's like re-discovering each other. We haven't had a Dd/ttwd dynamic for some time now, but many of the wonderful benefits, such as the deeper connection and communication have remained.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz,
      I'm glad my post brought a giggle ☺️ I think this lifestyle is an amazing learning tool... It's odd how it does Foster communication... If one day the dd/ttwd part of it fades, as long as we have learned to communicate I will feel as though we have won ☺️ I'm glad you find the benefits remain for you as well๐Ÿ’•

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had an awesome time, Leigh! We do need to take every little sliver of time we can with those sweet men of ours. Glad you had the one on one and enjoy the great conversations, they are the best!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baker ☺️ It was a very nice little treat to get some time away... It is so rare at the moment... Especially when there is snow!

      Delete
  7. welcome Leigh, nice blog, looking forward to more.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Rick ☺️

      Delete
  8. I always loved those conversations and how so many of them led to such lovely interludes. Thanks for sharing, Leigh...happy you didn't get caught on the ferry. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Cat☺️ I'm grateful that we weren't caught... We were fairly discrete... But if anyone has fooled around in public before... They would have known what we were up to ๐Ÿ˜‚ Oh well, you live once!! Make the most of it right?! ๐Ÿ’•

      Delete